The ninth annual Prepárate™ conference convened to discuss strategies to increase the preparation, access, and college completion of the fastest-growing student population in our public schools.
College Board diversity conferences, like Prepárate, are a key part of our mission to connect students to college success and opportunity. We depend on you, our members and partners, to help us achieve excellence and equity in education.
2015 Conference Attendees:
- Networked with colleagues who faced similar hopes and challenges to become more informed, efficient, and effective.
- Gained a renewed commitment to paving the way for successful programs and students.
- Informed and engaged in the work of the College Board to increase access and opportunity for Latino students.
- Learned more about using data to drive equity decisions for students of color.
- Became energized, inspired, and prepared to return to their professional roles with new ideas, actionable plans, and the resolve to effect real and sustainable improvement.
Who Attended Prepárate?
- School counselors
- College admission and outreach coordinators
- K–12 and higher education administrators
- Community leaders
- Legislators and policymakers
- Financial aid administrators
- Parent engagement coordinators
Some Attendees Joined Us for A Dream Deferred™
A Dream Deferred™ was held after and in conjunction with Prepárate, on March 10 and 11. The joint Prepárate/A Dream Deferred day, March 10, featured shared sessions and networking opportunities. Attendees of both events expanded their knowledge base to contribute even more to their students and community.
For more information, visit the website for A Dream Deferred.